+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I dropped my iphone (not in water) now the screen wont turn on

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey gang, i had my phone in my shirt pocket. I bent over and it fell out on my ceramic kitchen floor, but not the screen wont turn on. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I dropped my iphone (not in water) now the screen wont turn on
    Hey gang, i had my phone in my shirt pocket. I bent over and it fell out on my ceramic kitchen floor, but not the screen wont turn on. I tried to reset the phone by holding down the home and power button down. Nothing happen, so I tried syncing it to itunes. It syncs fine but with no picture. I tried calling my phone hoping it would trigger something, the phone rang ok but no picture.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

I would say theres a good chance the LCD connector popped off when you dropped it. Are you familiar with the process of opening an iphone?
    There are a lot of threads on here regarding it. Just don't pry the front off, use a suction cup. It's amazing how many you-tube videos show people digging into the poor thing.

You may want to wait for confirmation from some of the more experienced members, but I think this is most likely the problem with your phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ya, it wouldn't be the first time I've opened it. Had to replace the digitizer/lcd a week after I bought it. I hope that's it.
    Thanks

Thanks

Good. Check it out and let us know what you find. Even if it is still plugged in make sure it is firmly seated. Should be labeled #1.

If you replaced the LCD with a non-OEM one it may have just plain failed too. Then again, I'm not %100 sure, but I think alot of the parts on Ebay that are touted as "OEM" are not authentic anyway.
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 02-26-2010 at 11:39 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Effenpig! For This Useful Post:

zonex (02-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That was it.
    Thanks again