+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi not working

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so i had to replace my battery last week. and i am not sure but some time around that same time the wifi stopped working. i did reopen and make
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default wifi not working
    so i had to replace my battery last week. and i am not sure but some time around that same time the wifi stopped working. i did reopen and make sure all of the connectors were still connected and all is good.

under settings in Wi-Fi the little switch is turned to on.

so i am at a loss as to what went wrong. and i am not sure that this did not happen before i changed the battery.

and i have compared to another iphone that sees the same wifi with no issues. so not sure why

it is a 3g with 3.1.2

thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

if its jailbroken with blackrain then rejailbreak it again and it will fix your wifi common issue with 3.1.2

What's Jailbreak? jstchillin.365's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you are able to get a signal right next the the router but not 5 feet away, just replace the #6 wifi cable assembly. That's what I did when it was working but very weak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so i have redone the blackra1n and still the wifi does not work.

i had a moment yesterday when it did ask to join a network. but then it would not join it. and i even saw it on the network list. but now i am back to nothing.

i have tried it right next to a router and that does not work so i don't think it is the connector.

anyone with another idea?

What's Jailbreak? jstchillin.365's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think I have the same issue with the phone that's going to apple in a week for a replacement.

My problem is it fully detects a wifi but show a message saying it can't be connected. Probably a hardware issue. If you phones still under warranty, take it in. If not, replace #6 assembly and hopefully that will work.