+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charge screen, won't shut off

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but have gotten alot of good info from reading here. I have a problem that maybe some of the more experienced people
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Charge screen, won't shut off
    Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but have gotten alot of good info from reading here. I have a problem that maybe some of the more experienced people can help with. My 30 pin connector broke on my 3G Iphone. I purchased a new one and installed it. I turned the phone back on and it worked, the only thing that didn't was my home button. I pulled it back apart and noticed one of the home button tabs were broke, I tryed to straighten the other one and it broke also. I read on here about using a drop of solder on each one to make the connection. I did that and I can see where it is connecting the other board. Unfortunately I did the soldering the next day and I'm not sure if I shut the phone off. Now when I try and turn the phone on, it just shows the dead battery screen and won't charge. If I plug my apple usb cable into my Iphone and my computer, it shuts down all my usb's... tried a wall jack and nothing. I left it plugged in for 2 days and still the charge screen. I have tried to force a shut down or DFU mode and no luck...... Anybody have any ideas at all? Bad battery, did solder hurt contacts? any ideas or input are greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Tommy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

It sounds like your solder job did not work. I would replace the home flex and then do a hard rest on the phone. Make sure that cable #4 is plugged in. If it is not, the phone will not charge and the home button will not function.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

SupraTommy (02-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I wasn't sure about the solder job, but would that keep the phone from turning on? or just not let me reset? If #4 cable is out or broken, will the screen still show the battery indicator? or should it not show anything?

Thanks

It will show the battery but not the lightning bolt by itself if it is not recognizing the charger. The home button being damaged will prevent you from doing a hard reset.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks again, 1 other thing, do you know why when I try to plug it into my usb, its shuts all my usb's down? bad ground? a short somewhere? safety?

Thanks

That is not a good sign at all. Does that happen with all computers?