Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi suddenly stopped working

Default Wi-Fi suddenly stopped working
    Hello all
    So, my second iPhone 3G was faulty (light leakage) so I paid app. 200$ and got a new one and I have now my warranty renewed.
    Thing is, the phone was working perfectly till yesterday evening, when I went to Settings ans switched on the toggle. Nothing. The phone wouldn't detect any hot spot at all, even though there are 2. And I know that, because the phone found them yesterday morning.
    I tried resetting network settings, restoring... Nothing. The phone does not detect nothing at all, or, it will detect my hot spot but it will disconnect within 30 seconds.
    Please, help me, I dont know what to do. I dont want to take it fot repair, this the 3rd iPhone i got from service and I ve been waiting for this last one for a month and I dont wanna wait any longer.

IF the phone will not detect wifi on a fresh restore then there is a hardware issue that will need to be addressed. Rather than spend money having it repaired, expense your warranty and have the phone replaced. Apple does not repair this phone, so by taking the phone to the genius bar would get you an automatic replacement. Your other option is to call Apple Care at 1-800-my-iPhone and explain your issue. Normally there is a $29 fee for an advanced replacement, where they would overnight you a new iPhone and you would be responsible for shipping your broken phone back to them. You may be able to get them to waive this fee since you just had the phone replaced. Give them a call, it couldn't hurt to try.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

there are not apple stores here in greece.
    if an iphone is faulty, u take to a vodafone sales point, it is sent for check and then they issue a replacement, which could take up to a month.
    u see, theres no such thing as an overnight replacement.
    Last edited by giorgos_rou; 02-24-2010 at 12:09 AM.