Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone wont charge or sync??

Default Iphone wont charge or sync??
    my iphone 3g will not charge or sync to my computer? i plug it in it wont recognise it or anything . it will say %3 battery i leave it on all night ion morning still say %3 battery so i restart the iphone and its %100 ? but it wont do little charges .
    i tried it in many computers and used different cables? what could be the problem and i cant restore it as computer wont recognise the damn thing?
    any help will be gteat

Have you tried putting the phone into recovery of DFU mode and see if it is detected? Is your phone under warranty?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

yes i have tried putting it in dfu mode. im not sure why it does this . i mean the connection at bottom does not look damaged and i have opened my iphone n had a look and made sure everythiing is in proporly .the weird thing is it charges but does not show it charging .
    hard to explain really btu my battery dies it shows the sign on screen i plug it in n it has the lightning bolt asif its chargin till it has enough power to turn on then doesnt show its connected but still does eventually charge . ?

+thanks for reading and trying to help me
    i searched everywere n had no luck im tempted to put on ebay as faulty ill still get quite a bit and buy another one ..

I have exactly the same problem now - iPhone 3GS, which is jailbroken, but my comp won't recognise it. Did you manage to sort this problem out?

Any help would be amazing, I've searched everywhere to see how to fix this!

Cheers!

Hey Guys!

First time poster .

I am also having the same above issue on my iPhone 3G.

The phone is able to be charged through a wall socket (though will not show the phone as charging, nor will the bar increase in % until you start the phone)

I have tried connecting it to several computers, restarting the phone etc to no avail.

Would very much appreciate any help!

I have previously fixed multiple iPhones, but have never experienced this issue before!

Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

Hopefully this story is helpful, I sync the last 2 movies from my itunes then erased them to free up memory. I then restarted the computer. Plugged my iphone and it did not charge or recognize itunes it did recognize iphoto when opened though. The only way I got things back to normal was putting my phone into recovry mode via DFU then I saw itunes open back up BUT I didnt want to restore to 3.1.3 obviously so what I did was unplug held down the power and home for about 30 seconds and it came back normal then my phone and computer became friends.

Thanks

Update-simply plug your iPhone into the computer close iTunes or simply restart the computer. U should hear the chime charge then open iTunes and wait a minute and it will show in the device side bar.

Hmmm, ok - completely random thing here, but mine is now fixed. Took my laptop round to someone else's house, used their Internet and their USB cable, and it synced and charged fine. Now I've brought my laptop home and my iPhone syncs fine with my laptop, using the same cable that wasn't working before. So yeah, in respone to mikerlx, maybe it was just because I hadn't turned my computer off or restarted in quite a while. When my laptops at home I just keep it in sleep when I'm not using it.

Hope that helps anyone having similar issues