Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1st gen problem

Default iPhone 1st gen problem
    Hey all,
    This is my first post here, and I am really impressed with all the info I was able to find.

I actually decided to buy a used screen cracked iPhone on ebay and try to fix it based on the data found here.

Now I wasn't that brave so I ordered a full OEM front housing with plate and flex's so I wouldn't have to scrape off the screen manually.

Well when I first got the cracked phone everything worked fine, apps buttons, battery, sync, charging and LCD.

So I got the parts and start and the surgery everything went well only by battery went down, until I tryied to connect the back plate.

When I connected the phone to a power supply it started charging and screen came on just fine, but then immediatelly the phone powered on by itself and then got a screen to shut down also the handfree volume control came on and went to full byitself and stayied there in the middle of the screen.

Everything else works fine, to my undestanding I must have damaged the back cover flex, am I right ...?

Could it be something else ..? and can I fix this..?

Thanks all and sorry for the long post.

Pavlos

So I have a damaged Power button, Handsfree, and volume control buttons.
    And also the patch behind the handsfree is red, does this mean I have water damage.. but was working fine before and have been in no contact with water..

Fixed it.
    I had actually connected the back plate flex upside down.

Reversed it and is all ok now.

Pavlos
    Last edited by Pavlos46; 02-23-2010 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost