Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grip around screen?

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Grip around screen?
    I got my iPhone LCD replaced for the 2nd time. Today is the second day and I just realized the little black grip right around my screen is deep in the right side. On the top and left and bottom it's fine just the right side the rubber is deeper and if I push the screen in it goes in very little but still moves unlike other sides. Can this be fixed? Is this really harmful? Does it cost alot? Is it hard to do? Thanks

Are you asking about the rubber gasket that surrounds the Digitizer? Whoever you are taking your iPhone to for repair is unexperienced and using a tool to pry the display from the iPhone and damaging this rubber seal. The Display should always be removed with a suction cup to keep anything from damaging. If your rubber seal is damaged, you need to purchase a new mid-frame that has this seal attached. It is not possible to purchase the seal separately.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Is he talking about that black stuff next in the middle of the chrome and glass? If so I scratch some of it off at the bottom. My iPhone is working fine
    If I helped thank me!

Yes, he is. No it does not effect the way your phone works, but it does make it more likely to get dust incursion and moisture.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME