Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Static during calls

Default Static during calls
    I've tried searching the forum and all over the internet, but no one seems to have this problem in particular. Whenever I call a certain person, and only this person, they hear static on their end of the call. I never hear any static and neither does anyone else I call. I've asked everyone I talk to, but so far the only person that hears it is that one specific person. It's not so loud we can't talk and it doesn't happen every time though. They said it also happened when they called me from their work phone too. I don't know why only they hear the static. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? It's driving my friend crazy. I have an iphone 3G 8GB that's jailbroken (it made the noise when it wasn't jailbroken too). I use it on ATT so its not unlocked.

It doesnt sound like any hardware issue on your end. It could be their phone or the network....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

We both have at&t though and I never hear it from his iphone. No one else that I call on at&t ever hears the static either. Is it an iphone to iphone thing on at&t possibly?

No, it is an isolated issue with his phone or the network

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Is there any way to resolve the issue with the network, or is it something he will just have to live with?

It is hard to determine what the issue may be when it is isolated to one person. Is he experiencing this with other callers as well?