Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: putting iphone back together

Default putting iphone back together
    I took apart my iphone 3g to change the battery but now when i go to put it back together the flex cable for the camera seems to be getting in the way and the motherboard won't fit properly. Does anyone have any tips of how to get it to fit back in properly?

Yes, look at my guide in the guide section on how to put the phone back together:
    iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive How to Put Your iPhone 3G back-together After a Battery Replacement or LCD/Digitizer Repair

There is a littl metal tab coming off the bezel on the upper right hand corner under the camera holder that needs to be under the mainboard. There is also a small plastic tab on the right side of the headphone jack that the mainboard needs to slide under.
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-18-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

okay thanks I got it back together but now I have a new problem. It is all put back together with the old battery but now when I plug it into my computer it just shows the dead battery with the lightning bolt and nothing happens and I cant boot it. Think I may have damaged the flex cable or something?

Or your battery is just dead. Let it charge a while and then unplug the phone and try a hard reset.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

yea no its been going for a good hour and it still shows the same thing. Im thinking either my batterys completely dead or i messed up some cables inside there lol