Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G - Volume Button loose

Default iPhone 3G - Volume Button loose
    My iPhone works perfectly, but the volume button is slightly loose, i mean it works well, i can adjust the phone's volume but the button comes off when i take it out from my pocket, my phone is not covered under warranty so Apple cannot do anything about it.

Can anyone help?

You can take the phone apart and replace the volume switch. That is the only solution. You can PM me for the part or PM me for the repair...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I dont understand why do i have to take my phone apart? You know when you buy a new housing for iPhones, you have to put the buttons yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by h4mza View Post
    I dont understand why do i have to take my phone apart?
    Because that is the proper way to install a new volume button without it falling out again...

You know when you buy a new housing for iPhones, you have to put the buttons yourself.
    Yes...you do...and??
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Green Apple
    Thanks

I found my volume button in my jacket pocket this morning. I can only wonder how long it's be detached.. hehe

I put a small amount of Rubber Cement on the button and put it back on. Perhaps it's not the ideal "proper" way to do it, but it's still on tonight and hasn't lost any function. I only put the glue on the middle of the button, cause I was afraid I might glue the toggle in the "down" or "up" permanently. I thought about using super glue, but the super glue was in the car and the rubber cement was within arm's reach.

Good luck to you and your repair!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Buy another volume button. It is very cheap. PM me for details. But changing that part could be tricky if you don't have experience.

the rubber cement thing works but u have to be very careful or get a gel more thick kind