Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g no signal

Default 3g no signal
    help i have an iphone 3g i bought it and would not connect to att jailbroke and unlocked with blackra1n rc3 connected to tmobile after lots of airplane mode on off on etc, so i bought a new antenna and replaced it, and still same problem wifi works fine i did not replace wifi antenna what else can i do to this phone to repair it all help appreciated,.

If it wont even work on an official carrier before JB then you know it is a hardware issue.
    -Does it recognize the SIM card or does it say "Searching..."?
    -Have you attempted a restore?
    -Have you checked to see if the phone is under warranty?
    -Does the phone have water damage?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

No water. No warranty. Only can get it to connect with 3g off

What only connects with 3G off? Tmobile? Or AT&T? If you are getting signal then this isn't hardware related, try restoring. If you are getting signal with tmobile when 3g is off, then there is no problem. Tmobile will not work when 3g is enabled.
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-17-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

I did restore and tried a friends iphone sim and get no service. When I put my tmobile or o2 wireless sim in I have to toggle the airplane mode on and off a lot of times to make it get signal and when it gets signal it keeps it fine but no att

It doesnt sound like there is anything wrong with the phone from the information you are providing. You may want to get a new SIM card if you have had the same one for a long time. Remember that 3G needs to be turned off for use on T-Mobile.

Shouldn't it connect to att or tmobile without having to toggle airplane mode a bunch of times

Quote Originally Posted by udg21 View Post
    Shouldn't it connect to att or tmobile without having to toggle airplane mode a bunch of times
    Yes.

Yes, but it is hard to determine from what you have told us if the phone was JB/Unlocked properly, and how soon you are toggling airplane mode. You could be impatient for all we know??

Haha. Impatient yes but I restored and rejailbroke multiple times with the same result.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    im having the same issue.. never had a problem before just on this iphone..

when it works it will work for 15-20 minutes then stop working and i have to toggle airplane mode or shut iphone off and back on