+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: broken 3g charger port

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so my boyfriend just bought a 3rd party charging jack and plugged it into his iphone 3g, noticed it wouldn't charge for some reason unplugged it and saw that there
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default broken 3g charger port
    so my boyfriend just bought a 3rd party charging jack and plugged it into his iphone 3g, noticed it wouldn't charge for some reason unplugged it and saw that there was a piece of the actual port missing (the plastic male piece inside the port i guess it would be). he removed the broken piece and now it will charge on the 3rd party jack but not on the apple jack that came with his phone. does anyone know if this will cause more problems down the road, if it would just be easier to try and replace the port, or how to get ahold of the 3rd party jack manufacturer so we can punch them in the face for selling us a faulty charging jack that freakin broke his iphone. this last was a joke, but seriously any ideas or intel would be mucho appreciated.

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Replace the dock connector assembly. The part is cheap and fairly simple to replace. Contact me for the part or any help you need.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME