+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Headphone Jack Broken

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So when I unplug my headphones after listening to music the iPhone still thinks it has headphones plugged in. So if I go to the Apple to get it replaced
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone Headphone Jack Broken
    So when I unplug my headphones after listening to music the iPhone still thinks it has headphones plugged in. So if I go to the Apple to get it replaced will they give me a iPhone that will have to have a tethered jailbreak and lose my SHSH files?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Yes, if you get a new device you will have the new bootrom and your old shsh files will be useless, as they were for your old device. It may be in your best interest to replace your headphone flex or have someone with experience do it. You can always PM me for parts or assistance.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

stanhalen (02-15-2010)

Thanks

I had this same issue with my old 2G iPhone after I got the battery replaced. I actually took a paper clip (trimmed it down of course) and put the U shape part down into the headphone jack, I had to try a couple times to make sure the phone would actually make noise before cutting the tip of the paper clip off, no one would ever know it was there. It works, not the best solution, but if you don't wanna pay to get it repaired it's the easiest.
    If I helped you hit the "Thanks"!