+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not working after reassembly

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I took my brothers iPhone to the apple store because the home button wasn't working. Of course, they told me it was out of warranty and that it would be
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not working after reassembly
    I took my brothers iPhone to the apple store because the home button wasn't working. Of course, they told me it was out of warranty and that it would be $199 to fix.

I went home, unscrewed the two bottom screws and suctioned the front piece up and took a look... One of the gold flaps on the home flex cable was gone.

I took off the rest by carefully removing cables 1, 2, and 3. Then I ordered a replacement screen, digitizer, and chassis with home button included.

I decided to go ahead and re-assemble the phone so I can jailbreak it and use the home button app until the parts arrived.

When I put everything back together, the phone no longer works. It doesn't turn on, and it doesn't charge. I have tried charging for 20 minutes to no avail. I have double and triple checked that 1, 2, and 3 and perfectly connected. No luck.

I would try a hard reset but... no home button.

will my incoming parts fix this?

Thanks

Did you turn off the phone before pulling the lid? If it's on then when you disconnect the lcd connector it thinks there's a fault and shuts off the lcd feed - only way after reconnecting the lcd cable to actually get images back on it is a hard reset - hold home and power until it reboots. - Hopefully your new lid will let you do this.
    iPhone 3g 16gb 4.1 redsn0wed
    iPod Touch 32gb 4g iOS
    iPad 2 32gb wifi iOS5
    iPhone 4s 64gb iOS5

WORLD WAR 93Q9VK

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would that cause it not to respond at all?

doesn't respond to my PC, not even recognized by my computer

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

be very careful. unscrew the mother board.. and lift the bottem part of the motherboard just so the battery and motherboard separate and the phone will turn completely off. just push the motherboard back into place and screw everything back in. then put the lcd back on and try to turn it on.

ive had this happen but a hard reset usually works for me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

He didnt touch the battery or the logic board people!

You just need to perform a hard reset. You will not be able to do so until you have a home button.

Also make sure cable #4 is secure.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME