+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hardware boot up issue

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently switched the back of my phone and now when i go to turn it on, the apple logo shows, then after thirty seconds the ring pops up and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Hardware boot up issue
    I recently switched the back of my phone and now when i go to turn it on, the apple logo shows, then after thirty seconds the ring pops up and it restarts. How do I get the phone to start? I know that it is a hardware issue because before i did this everything worked perfectly

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

try to but is in dfu and restore
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It is a hardware issue. I cannot even turn it on now, the computer does not recognize it and its basically bricked. I paid 80 dollars for a new back and all i got was a broken iphone fml. I dont know if it is the screen connectors that failed or something else

ive isolated the problem to the chord number 3. it works perfectly fine without the chord plugged in, but then when i put it in everything goes crazy. advice?

now the backlight works but the camera doesnt. i dont have chord three plugged in at all. Does it control camera?
    Last edited by nmspeedswim17; 02-12-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

#3 is your proximity sensor/ambient light sensor. Also sends the signal to your earpiece. Without this cable plugged in your iPhone is useless as a phone. You can replace the cable and see if it solves your issue. I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the problems you are experiencing.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    But why does the entire phone not work when I plug it in? and what about the camera? It shows green and purple lines when i open it