Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone gets stuck in White screen

Default Iphone gets stuck in White screen
    after i lock my screen, wait a few seconds, then unlock my screen, my screen turns white. there are yellow lines going down it vertically if that has any significance. if you know of a fix for this, please let me know what i can do. and no, holding power and home button simutaniously does not work. ive tried restoring it too. about 3 times. im on Fw 3.0.ive noticed that if i keep music on and then lock it, it dosnt go white. or if i keep it plugged into the computer and lock it, it dosnt turn white. i think has something to do with backgrounding apps that makes it stay un-white.
    Last edited by AndrizzleFoShiz; 02-10-2010 at 09:07 PM.

You need to see if a restore fixes the issue. It sounds to me like your LCD is on the way out
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

well ive done like 3 restores in the past day. still nothing. everything works perfect though with the screen. i heard that there could be something wrong with the connections on the inside? idk about that though.

You can open the phone and check to make sure cable #1 is securely in place. Other than that, I would say definite LCD issue that will need to be replaced.

Thank you
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-10-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

well melech, i tried that, taking it apart and reconnecting the cables just now, samething happens! ah i dont have the money for a new lcd :/

Which iPhone do you have?

its an iphone 2g. 8gig. still tryin to perform surgery again on the little bugger.

Oh, ok. I was thinking you had a 3G before.

Oh lol. I wish. Yeup nothing happened again. Well I learned abit more bout the iPhone though that's always good. I think

does anyone else have any input on this? it would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by AndrizzleFoShiz; 02-11-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What? You don't trust me?

You need to replace the LCD

Lol it's okay melech. It's going to be okay. Agh darn. I'm just tryin to find out if there is ANYTHING else I can possibly do.

Thanks

Hey, the only time I seen a white screen is a water damaged 2G. Melech is a very reliable source for everything iphone!