Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WSoD White Screen Not Fully Dead Yet? Very Wired Problem

Default WSoD White Screen Not Fully Dead Yet? Very Wired Problem
    I have a iphone 3G 8GB still under warranty which I bought from a friend that told me the screen won't turn on after changing the digitizer. I found out to be 2nd cable not plugged on properly

The problem has a pattern to it. Every other time I shut it down and boot it up, it will show the white screen. Then after the 3rd hard reset, it will boot up fine.
    Exactly every 3rd boot up, it will be fine.

Do you think this is a hardware issue or a soft ware? Should I NOT restore the phone to keep this weird but helpful pattern?

Please let me know!

The cable to the LCD #1 may be loose and the hard reset thing is just a coincident. A white screen normally indicates a damaged LCD or a phone entering recovery mode. If a restore does not fix the issue I would move on to replacing the LCD
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

jstchillin.365 (03-05-2010)

DITTO! I had a defective LCD with one of my phones over the weekend. The replacement LCD worked great when the cable was extended but as soon as you try folding it over, the screen went white.

It was very annoying considering this was a brand new screen out of the box.
    I sent it in for an exchange and had to use another replacement LCD which got the job done! Moral of the story, if you don't succeed, try another screen

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tiguy99 For This Useful Post:

There are 2 white lines on the LCD cable at where it is safe to bend. If you bend the cable at any other point you will damage it
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

i had the same problem only m,y new lcd worked fine for about a week then went white nothing i did helped it so eventually i emailed the guy i got it from n he sent me a replacemtn n it worked fine ever since. unny thing is a couple of days later after recieving one i recived another?? so looks like thats going on ebay