Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iphone mod

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default New iphone mod
    I'm looking for any insight, ideas, tips, etc. So my friend is donating his old broken 2g iphone to me. After I fix it I plan on doing a "go crazy mod". My idea's so far is sanding down the back aluminum (because it looks like ****) and repainting it. I haven't decided on the color yet, but I want it to be a very durable paint job (hopefully like car paint) so I was hoping somebody had any suggestions as to which paint/method to use. Then I was going to pop out the back apple and make an impression of it. Cast a clear plastic/polycarbonate apple. Paint the back of the apple white, line it with SMLEDs and something to diffuse the light and wire it to the vibrate motor so it lit up every time somebody called/text. If anybody has voltage information about those contacts it would help too. Also with the home button I was hoping to do a splatter design behind it with the color of the back, then the background of the splatter would be black. I need idea's for the antenna cover.

Most of my modding experience has been on 3g's. Ive taken apart and played with 2g's but never studied them so this is concept as of now, I'll learn more when I get inside it. Any idea's? Insight? I want this to really stick out.

Thanks guys

do you have an update

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, that sounds cool.
    i want my phone to light up when it vibrates lol.
    thinking of doing that to my 3G[s]
    If i helped you, clicking thanks would be nice

Thanks

I'm thinking one of my spare 2G (Rough, built out of some broken ones) soldering an LED to the battery terminals, and making a clear plastic apple, so that when the Phone is on, it'll have a glowing apple, but not powered by the LCD.
    The advantage to using an LED is that it sips power.
    Now to find a 3.7V LED...
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maaan i wish i took pics of my glowing 2g before i sold it. The best way to make light is use LED from old iphone LCD frame if u want i can give u one.

Thanks

How? Where would you connect it? The iPhone LCD Connector is non-standard.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there are two open spots on the lcd connector where you can connect both lcds