Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G Issues

Damn, I just replaced the battery and got the same symptoms as before. Just the apple logo popped up when plugged into the wall charger and disappeared. Holding for the hard restart I got the connect to itunes and wont stay when unplugged. Im thinking Im going to have to do a flex repair.

Is this the correct flex cable to repair this problem im having?
    Last edited by JZ nology; 02-16-2010 at 06:43 PM.

yes
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

JZ nology (02-16-2010)

cool I will attempt it shortly then.

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    yes
    Well melech, I have done both repairs successfully and I have not fixed it. Im not sure what else to do. I still get the same symptoms.

Ok, so let me get things straight....
    You have restored, replaced the battery and the flex?

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

I can't do a restore cause it won't work on the computer. but yes, replaced battery and flex

And you have tried forcing the phone into DFU mode?

I don't know what else to tell you. If you have replaced the flex, battery and dock connector assembly and it still won't work then you most likely have a logic board problem or just simply a software issue that you cannot seem to kick out of the endless boot cycle. I don't remeber if you said if the phone had water damage at all? If you are in the US you can mail it down to my store and I will see if I can get it working again.

I never replaced a dock connector yet. But I might just want to send it down. I will let you know later tonight when I get home.

Sounds good. Let me know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12