Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 16GB 3G Iphones, two different logic boards?

Default 2 16GB 3G Iphones, two different logic boards?
    I have a 16GB 3G that i bought from the AT&T store. recently, i attempted to replace the screen, but the new digitizer wouldnt plug into my logic board. Since then i have found out that my lcd isnt compatible with the other 16GB 3G i have, but the digitizer that wont plug into my phone WILL plug into that phone. any info on why these two seemingly identical phones are different?

3g and 3gs maybe
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Yes, one is a 3G and the other is a 3GS
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

No niether one is a 3gs, I bought it before the 3gs came out.

Thanks

lol i guess you threw us off when you said you bought them from AT&T recently...not almost a year ago

It doesnt matter. Something is not right here. If it has all of the different connections like you say, and it has ribbon cable 7, it is a 3GS. Post pictures of the inside of the phone. And also what is the serial number.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

From everything hes described it has to be a 3gs. The only thing i can think of is he accidentally switched one of his 3g's with someones 3gs and no realized? lol unlikely but possible.

I am curious to know what the serial number is. If he ACTUALLY purchased the phone over a year ago then Apple let a prototype slip out which would be interesting. Most likely he purchased the 3GS over the summer, which was 8 months ago now.

does one have shiny lettering on the back
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

alright i feel kinda dumb, i just haven't really worked with the 3gs yet and this phone is actually one that my stepmom gave me and said she bought it over a year ago and it was a regular 3G...i guess she never knew she had a 3Gs and neither did I!