Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke iPhone won't work with "Made for iPhone Accessories"?

Exclamation Jailbroke iPhone won't work with "Made for iPhone Accessories"?
    No idea if this is even the right place for this, but I'm curious. I have a 2nd gen iPhone (3G / 16GB) and I went out to buy a new alarm clock radio that works with the iPhone. Got it home, and it didn't work.

Took it back, and then tried every other model in Wal-Mart, then off to Future Shop to do the same, and then off to the Apple Store in the mall nearby. Same issue with every single model, even had one woman there who had the same model of phone give it a try, and hers (Not Jailbroken) worked.

If her stock 2nd Gen 3G, 16GB iPhone will work with the systems, and my jailbroken 2nd Gen 3G, 16GB iPhone will not, I can only assume that it's due to being jailbroken. Anyone else able to confirm? Is this something that can be looked at for the 3.1.3 release?

I have never had an issue nor seen an issue with any iPhone or Docking station Made For iPhone. You may have something installed from Cydia causing this issue. Do you download cracked apps?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what you mean by "cracked apps", but I have downloaded a couple apps off Cydia and Rock. I have Terminal obviusly, and a few themes. Otherwise, I have a grocery list app, a game (Minefield), and recently added the Backgrounder app so my Facebook would give me updates better.

I can remove all Cydia apps, and try again, but if that's the issue, then what's the point of having a jailbroke phone?

Maybe 3.1.3 will fix the issue once jailbreak comes out for it
    Last edited by Spanishearl; 02-02-2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Forgot the "m" in mean. I can't stand partial words...

There is no firmware issue is what I am trying to tell you. You should just restore to 3.1.2, JB again, and then see if it works. There is no one else who has ever experienced this issue...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME