Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g - unstable, familiar

Default 2g - unstable, familiar
    Ok I've searched high and low to no avail. I bought 2, 2G iphones brand new at the AT&T store about 2yrs ago. My wife's is still going strong, but mine started acting up and won't hold up. It started by randomly rebooting and then it lost my contacts (i had back-ups)and also showed lines across the lcd (which BTW is intact). At the time I had 3.1. I wiped it using winpwn and fresh 2.0. Used it on that for a while (maybe 2weeks) and the same thing happened. Does this sound familiar, bad logic board,, corrupted memory??? I'm pretty handy so I'll attempt any repairs suggested.

THANKS

Try restoring to the latest firmware, 3.1.2. Then let us know if you receive any errors or if the problem persists
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

jlatnyc (02-06-2010)

Default Thanks Mr. The King
    Yeah I did 3.1.2 also, and it wouldnt work. None of the programs would load, the keyboard even had a weird symbol for backspace.

I don't know if you've watched the movie Cars (my son's favorite) thats why I called you Mr. the King, LOL

Hmmm....try one last thing. If it doesn work you can always send it down to my shop and I will look at it for you. Try using another computer. Download the 3.1.2 firmware bundle again. Do not use custom firmware! Put the phone into DFU and restore. See what happens. It all seems very strange to me as of right now.

PS-I have seen Cars, my neices love it
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

jlatnyc (02-06-2010)

Default will try it out
    Thanks I'll try it. Do I need to pm you for your shop address?

Yes, or google The iPhone Hospital in Tampa, FL

Default the clock
    I'm doing a full restore now, but if you can see the clock icon you can notice what i was talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0002.png