Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone back cover housing

Default iPhone back cover housing
    Has anyone done this? Is it actually that hard? I'm trying to do this myself by looking off some videos on YouTube.
    If I helped thank me!

It is not difficult if you know what you are doing.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Maylene (02-04-2010)

Read the stickies at the top, or better yet, search...

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

I followed cpjr's tutorials and did alright...lost one screw...one of those REALLY small ones that holds down the dock connector assembly.....but it functions great without it lol...the only advice I have is if you don't understand a step then stop and research it and be careful and go slow...it was my first time opening up a 3g and I had success
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

All you have to do is ask and myself or someone else who has the knowledge will guide you along the way.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Maylene (02-04-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by fellow_mac_owner View Post
    Read the stickies at the top, or better yet, search...
    Stickie title didn't look like what I wanted. Plus I'm asking if its hard or not, not how to do it.

Okay thanks guys! I'll post results whenever the cover from Hongkong comes in... lol
    Last edited by dvn821; 02-01-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped thank me!

I did mine for the first time and it wasn't that hard for me but I have experience with small electronics.

I ve done 3 now and not hard i just lable all screws and take my time usually about an hour each time
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

15 Minutes

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Maylene (02-04-2010)

I think i could go faster now but just didnt want to mess anything up jerk LOL

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

haha, its best to take your time. I just have done so many of them that I could do it with my eyes closed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Maylene (02-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What glue/adhesive do you guys use for the bezel and back housing?

15 minutes?! That's hard to believe. I'd get a new color everyday. Are all the screws the same size?

screws are different sizes and melech is an animal wth cell phone repair so 15 for him is very possible

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Are all the screws the same size?
    Nope
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

2 long screws holding the display into the housing. There are 6 screws of the same length that hold the mainboard in place. There is an additional longer screw under the Do Not Remove label. There is a different size screw and bracket holding the camera in place. 2 small screws holding the dock connector assembly in place along with a larger screw in the top left of the assembly. 2 small skinny screws holding the vibrator in place. 2 different size screws holding the power button in place. The longest of all screws is the one holding the headphone jack and bezel in place. There are 4 screws that are the same size holding the vibrate switch assembly, wifi cable, and a portion of the flex cable. Another 3 of the same size holding the volume plate in place.

Phew...I think I got them all

oops, one unique screw holding the snap spring in place!

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    15 minutes?! That's hard to believe. I'd get a new color everyday. Are all the screws the same size?
    I do about 5-20 housing swaps daily for customers. I have a very simple and fast system in place for housing swaps.
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-02-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    2 long screws holding the display into the housing. There are 6 screws of the same length that hold the mainboard in place. There is an additional longer screw under the Do Not Remove label. There is a different size screw and bracket holding the camera in place. 2 small screws holding the dock connector assembly in place along with a larger screw in the top left of the assembly. 2 small skinny screws holding the vibrator in place. 2 different size screws holding the power button in place. The longest of all screws is the one holding the headphone jack and bezel in place. There are 4 screws that are the same size holding the vibrate switch assembly, wifi cable, and a portion of the flex cable. Another 3 of the same size holding the volume plate in place.

Phew...I think I got them all

oops, one unique screw holding the snap spring in place!
    I couldn't do this even if my life depended on it. I fail.. I'll probably bring it into a computer store, they probably know how to do this. Its like taking apart a laptop.
    If I helped thank me!

i just use cases from my parted out phones

iPhone? More like MyPhone Vick84's Avatar
    Thanks

so what is the solution for keep the housing and bezel together? i tried it once and always had gap.

My assumption would be to purchase better quality housing and bezel. I bought a cheap housing from ebay, and the bezel didn't even fit. I tried forcing it a little and it snapped. I then bought an OEM, and it fit snug. Quality makes a difference. Cheap parts = a less desirable outcome IMHO.
    Last edited by Maylene; 02-24-2010 at 04:02 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast