Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Hardwareforums, a part of the
Here's an interesting one... I have an iPhone that will restore in recovery/DFU mode fine (although it does sometimes give assorted 10xx/16xx errors), but doesn't make a USB data connection...
01-31-2010, 02:51 AM #1iPhone restores fine but no USB connction in OS afterwards?
Here's an interesting one...
I have an iPhone that will restore in recovery/DFU mode fine (although it does sometimes give assorted 10xx/16xx errors), but doesn't make a USB data connection when it boots to the OS afterwards. It charges fine, and as restoring sends data over USB, I doubt that the dock connector/USB controller is the problem (although it could be). I've restored a couple of times using different IPSWs, so software being at fault seems unlikely.
So if you eliminate both the HW and SW from troubleshooting, what's left? (That is of course, assuming I've eliminated correctly).
01-31-2010, 07:46 AM #2
We need to know what the errors you are receiving are. This can say a lot about what is going on with the phone and whether or not it is hardware or software related.
01-31-2010, 08:16 AM #3
The phone simply refuses to make a USB data connection, no errors, nothing. It just doesn't show up in iTunes nor is it accessible via iRecovery.
When I use recovery/DFU mode to restore, 80% of the time it goes fine. The other 20% it gives 1604, 1603, 1013, 1015 errors with no apparent pattern (1604 seems most common).
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM #4
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM #5
Yeah, through Blackra1n.
02-02-2010, 09:23 AM #6
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM #7
It doesn't matter, no connection whether the iPhone is JB or not. When I restore to stock 3.1.2 it just sits on the 'connect to iTunes' screen. I managed to use blackra1n via recovery mode.
02-02-2010, 06:59 PM #8
have you tried other USB ports or another computer? It wouldnt be able to restore or JB if the dock connector was damaged.
02-03-2010, 10:40 AM #9
I've tried three different machines, two Windows, one OS X, with the same response from each one.
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM #10
02-03-2010, 05:12 PM #11