+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 8GB "Unable to connect" Wi-Fi

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm getting "Unable to connect" every time I try to use Wifi. It detects it but wont connect it. Yes, I have tried everything from restarting network settings, restore, hard
    What's Jailbreak? jstchillin.365's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3G 8GB "Unable to connect" Wi-Fi
    I'm getting "Unable to connect" every time I try to use Wifi. It detects it but wont connect it.

Yes, I have tried everything from restarting network settings, restore, hard reset. It's still half year old phone and warranty's still good, but is there any way to fix the problem without getting a replacement at Apple store??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Have you tried push fix in cydia? If a restore does not fix the problem on a stock iPhone, then you may need to get a warranty replacement. I would also try seeing if you can connect to other networks. The problem may lie with just your network
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

May or may not be related, but recently I had a 3G 8GB phone with very weak wifi signal. It would very rarely detect the networks and when it did I got the "unable to connect" message. I opened the phone up and somehow the 6 cable (to connect to the wifi antenna) some how was disconnected. I reconnected it and the wifi started working again!

Thanks

Yours could have been an isolated issue. A lot of times we see this problem with either the network or the actual hardware of the phone. In some cases it can be the actual wifi antenna as you described, but other times it can be the hardware issue that Apple does not have a solution for or an explanation for as of yet. I would suggest try a few other networks to see if the issue happens with only your network or others as well.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

What's Jailbreak? jstchillin.365's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks all for posting helpful comments, but unfortunately non of the comments fixed the problem.

Yes, I have checked the router. I have 3G and 3GS iphones on the same wifi.

I have checked the #6 connection. It's securely connected.

I can't use cydia since my 3G and wifi is down.

Seems like trip to the Apple Store!

Thanks

Let us know how it works out..