+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G Error 23 Help

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 2G and I've restored it quite a few times before. Now it's stuck in recovery mode and when I go to restore it on iTunes it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iPhone 2G Error 23 Help
    I have an iPhone 2G and I've restored it quite a few times before. Now it's stuck in recovery mode and when I go to restore it on iTunes it starts to restore then gives an error that reads:

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (23).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would try uninstalling iTunes from your computer and deleting the residual files left behind by iTunes (backup files, settings, etc). It is very important that you delete these files because error 23 has been reported to be caused by a corrupted backup file. Reinstall iTunes and see if that works for you.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Errors in the 20's are actually hardware related errors. No matter how many times you try and restore you won't get past it. Sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

^Exactly! They are indeed hardware related. Some of the error 20's you can get around, but it is temporary. You will always have the same issue since it is hardware related
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems to be a bad communications board problem or bad battery.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

error 23 is bad communication board. I fixed a couple of them and replacing that fixed the problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w!ll View Post
    I have an iPhone 2G and I've restored it quite a few times before. Now it's stuck in recovery mode and when I go to restore it on iTunes it starts to restore then gives an error that reads:

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (23).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.
    I have a similar problem, tried several things, what worked was using an older version of Itunes, in my case itunes 8.0s and 8.2s didnt work but itunes 9.2 with Apple firmware 3.0 DID.
    However I reckon what solved the problem was a step I did earlier using winpwn 2.5 beta following a lead (movie) from utube, I used all options (YES) with exception for custom bootlogos, also I changed the root size from 500 to 600 Mb , the firmware used with winpwn was 2.02, while restoring with Itunes (using DFU mode) later it was the firstitme I could run Itunes resotoring process all the way to the end without any errors.

The iphone became bricked (apple logo whem power on) while updating to 3.13 and jailbreaking with redsnow 0.94.
    Error 23 is not a hardware problem with the iphone as mentioned in several foruns, I fixed this one and is still working