Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are iPhone 3G and 3GS screens interchangeable?

Default Are iPhone 3G and 3GS screens interchangeable?
    A friend wants me to fix her iPhone 3GS that has a cracked digitizer or lcd, she didn't really specify. I told her it would be 50 dollars(thats what i charge the people at my school, 20 for the screen 30 for labor, give or take). I told her in a week or so i would have a screen to replace it and i would do it then.

She then said that she has an old iPhone 3G that i could use that screen and shell still give me 50 dollars(she is sorta rich). The iPhone 3G is water damaged so the digitizer might not even work, but if it does is this even possible.

I'm not sure of anything I'm about to say-so bear with me. I have yet to take apart an iPhone 3GS, but if I'm not mistaken it looks like an iPhone 3G(at least the screen connectors and cords). I heard the screens were different, but i wasn't sure so that is why I'm here to ask, is it possible at all?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No, several posts regarding this. They are not interchangeable.

Cable 1 and 2 have differrent conectors
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

As I tell everyone who asks these questions,
    If you do not know the answers to these questions, you have no business doing repiars on these devices and charging people for them.

There are several people in big legal trouble just in the Miami area alone because they are offering repairs with no experience and damage peoples devices.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I was told by an apple store manager that the 3G-S and 3G have interchangeable screens. The 3G screen just doesn't have that fingerprint coating.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pureflamez View Post
    I was told by an apple store manager that the 3G-S and 3G have interchangeable screens. The 3G screen just doesn't have that fingerprint coating.
    That manager should be fired.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IUiPodRepair For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (01-28-2010)

Agreed

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

The truth is that most Apple Store employees do not know anything when it comes to repairing an iDevice.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

And the ones that think they do are pricks and arent very helpful

Thanks

Agreed