+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nightmare Repair

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so i just replaced my digitizer lens well cause it was broken for second time, but this time when i powered up my dead iphone its on its infinite reboot
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nightmare Repair
    so i just replaced my digitizer lens well cause it was broken for second time, but this time when i powered up my dead iphone its on its infinite reboot loops - i managed to get itunes to recognize at one point and attempted a restore but it either infinite loops or gets to the connect to itunes screen and freezes, being that my power button hasnt been working since i last dropped when i broke my glass for second time im unable to attempt dfu mode restore... i need some help here, any suggestions appreciated and any directions on fixing my power button would work too...

interesting enough if my research is correct same cable that uses the power button its used for vibrate button and my vibrate button works fine, so i need help i cant live with out my iphone

edit:

phone works now just re opened and re connected the cable 1/2/3 properly but anyone have any direction on fixing a power button on my 3g would be greatly appreciated i cant seem to find diy for it
    Last edited by daorigin; 01-27-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

All you have to do is google iPhone 3G Flex Cable Repair Guide
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

daorigin (02-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you for the reply, but it seems i have ran into some trouble, since i've gotten the phone working my screen sometimes becomes unresponsive to touch, and constantly freezes n reboots itself sometimes for long period of time doing so until it finally boots and its fine for a short while. also the screen will go black but phone be on and recieving calls i just dont know it ... this all started from fixing this digitizer lens

any ideas on whats going on , cause even with a cracked glass for over 6 months my phone was running fine until i finally decided to fix this, i fixed it the same way i did last time and it was fine i dont seem to understand what is it different now

Thanks

The difference is you most likely purchased one of the cheap knock-off parts apposed to an OEM part. These cheap knock-offs will cause shorts and hardware malfunctions. Buy OEM and your problem will cease.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

daorigin (02-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so buy another digitizer glass and i should be fine?

Thanks

Yes, but buy OEM, not aftermarket or high-copy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

daorigin (02-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i bought a new screen works perfect, no non response issues, but now im having the same problem of infinite reboots ... it will reboot on its own for 30 min before it will finally boot correctly, and it will sometimes just freeze upon auto locking then reboot itself -- i was thinkin of a restore but there is also no way i can put the fone in dfu mode without the power button functioning

Thanks

Like I told you from the beginning, you need to replace the power flex in the phone! It is bad! It is causing your infinite reboots. Your power button doesnt work for this reason.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

daorigin (02-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well since it was a hardware problem and i already fixed the screen to make it look like it hasnt been abused , i was able to get apple to replace it on the spot at the store - under apple protection i got lucky i thanked you for all your posts you were a great help another reason why i always love this community.

Thanks

You're welcome. Glad you got it resolved