+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Earpiece Flex Cable Replacment Questions

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello All, New to this forum can't seem to get an answer anywhere else. Ok so here's whats what. i have recently replaced my digitizer as it was smashed to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Earpiece Flex Cable Replacment Questions
    Hello All,

New to this forum can't seem to get an answer anywhere else.

Ok so here's whats what. i have recently replaced my digitizer as it was smashed to bits. But putting everything back together everything worked, except the top board ( number 3 cable ) i thought it wasnt in far enough so i pushed it in to try and reach the white line but then after reading the internet it shouldnt go that far. So i stopped but still no progress..

So i will buy all the parts on eBay Tomorrow, i just need to know that i don't have to take off the glass again because its really painful process and im scared that i might harm the glass again.
    So can someone just tell me a little short guide on replacing the whole ribbon 3 flex cable and earpiece searched everywhere on google for about an hour now..

Thanks alot in advanced guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,866 Times in 2,206 Posts

sorry man glass has to go off again. and its just a real pain to do i would find a shop that could do it for u
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey thanks for the reply yeah think im gunna do that dont even know how i damaged it must have been heat because the process went smooth and nothing really went wrong thanks alot though

Thanks

Yeah if i find a good tutorial all send u a pm put its a real pain

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, getting it repaired at my local repair store for 50? a new whole front lcd glass etc is 40 of ebay, just put in the 3 Cables, Good deal?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

The LCD and the Glass are 2 separate things.

Post a link to what you are buying, there are too many scams on ebay.
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-28-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-28-2010)

Thanks

I would say u would be ok

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-28-2010)

Thanks

Youre fine

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

but for an extra 10 I can get it done by a professional, a shop in cardiff i called today for a quote. I think i will get that sometime before i go skiing, not in no rush as i mostly have my headphones, let you know how it goes sometime start of march thanks guys !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You don't need to remove the glass or even the LCD. I have replaced the prox flex cable ( #3 )on a several phones and rarely have to take off the LCD just pop out the old prox sensor and put in the new. If you are new to repairs then just separate the LCD and that will make it easier for you. There are 3 clips holing it on do worry about bending the metal on the old part just keep in mind that your speaker is under the prox sensor and you don't want to damage that. The new peace will just snap in and your done.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Slammed63Chevy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-29-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, thank you very much. so i'll just but the flex cable? Do i just pry the metal thing off? Thanks alot man!

Thanks

Yes, you pry the proximity cover off of the phone. If you damage it while removing it you will need to replace it with a new one

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-29-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so on the back there's that metal thing yeah?, i pry that off then what? ( i've ordered the cable flex thing should come next monday/tuesday )

Thanks alot guys!

Thanks

You apply the new Proximity cable to the metal cover, then re-apply the cover to the phone. You need to make sure you do not damage the proximity cable cover or else the cable will not make contact with your earpiece, making the phone unable to hear callers. For this reason I recommend either purchasing an additional cable cover, incase you damage the original, or just completely remove the digitizer and repair this the CORRECT way instead of doing this repair the sloppy half @ss way which runs the risk of damaging your phone.

Thanks

I concure

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd Owen (01-31-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, so is the metal cover even suppose to come off? or do i have to like kind of break it to come off? and then put the cable in? sorry i just don't see how it's going to work, but i want to give it a try because a cable is 4 and if that dont work then its 50 from a shop so i'm going to try it anyway, and the reason i don't want to take out the glass is because i risk cracking it again, i've only just got it replaced.

Would it be easier to buy this

Metal Clamp Earpiece & Sensor Flex Cable for iPhone 3G on eBay (end time 06-Feb-10 23:24:25 GMT)

Instead of buying just the cable? thank you
    Last edited by Lloyd Owen; 01-31-2010 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Owen View Post
    ok, so is the metal cover even suppose to come off? or do i have to like kind of break it to come off? and then put the cable in? sorry i just don't see how it's going to work, but i want to give it a try because a cable is 4 and if that dont work then its 50 from a shop so i'm going to try it anyway, and the reason i don't want to take out the glass is because i risk cracking it again, i've only just got it replaced.

Metal Clamp Earpiece & Sensor Flex Cable for iPhone 3G on eBay (end time 06-Feb-10 23:24:25 GMT)

Ok, you are NOT supposed to break the cover off. Yes, it is intended to pop off. Their are 2 clips holding it in place. To access those clips you need to remove the digitizer. One use told you just to pry it off, well that is the half @ss sloppy way to do it that runs the risk of further damage to your phone. I am sorry that you do not want to remove your digitizer again, but this is the CORRECT way to do the repair. In the end it is up to you how you want to proceed, but I recommend doing this repair the correct way, which is to remove the digitizer, release the 2 clips holding the proximity cable cover in place and simple slide the new cable in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Owen View Post

I would say no this is not a quick and easy fix u might as well by a new digiziter and call it could. U will probably do more harm then good on this repair and end up spending more money the u need too. just some advice take it as u would like but i think Melech aka The King will agree with me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello, i have found out from using a friends device also, that the connector on the board does not seem to be working, i swapped the front assembly with my friends and still got the problem?

thanks.