+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "No Service" Problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    Thanks

Default "No Service" Problem
    I am working on a 3G/16GB phone I got very cheap due to the No Service problem. My plan was to refurb it for my daughter. I assumed it was an antenna problem so I bought a new,
    pre-assembled dock/antenna/speaker/mic assembly as well as a new battery and installed them without any issues.
    To my surprise when I was finished, nothing had changed. The phone still seems to be 100% functioning with the exception of the lack of service.
    It detects when the sim card is out and when inserted it displays “searching…” but eventually fails and displays “No Service” again.
    I have restored the phone with no change in the status of the service.
    I have seen a few posts on here with the same problem and a few obvious solutions for misaligned assemblies and so on, but I have yet to see any of them work or address the correct reason as to why they are not functioning.
    The only thing difference from this phone compared to any other I have worked on is the lack of electrical insulation (very similar to electrical tape) down the left side of the LCD framing. Could this frame contacting the Bezel cause a ground problem that could result in lack of reception?

Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

no i dont think it would have to do with bezel. I think the part on the logic board were the sim card would touch is damaged some how and needs the prongs replaced.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Firefighter0205 (01-27-2010)