Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken In-ear headphones

Unhappy Broken In-ear headphones
    As the title describes i bought the apple in ear-headphones ($100!) and they lasted quite a long time considering what they've been through (about half a year), but recently the right earphone stopped working. At first i thought it was my ipod itself, then i realized that the problem was coming from the earphone cable itself. I found out if i twisted the cable about an inch from the jack, the sound would come back the earphones. Now both are broken and its definitely a problem with the wires coming out the jack. Surprisingly though, the mic and music control still work. Any ideas on how to fix it? i was thinking about pealing away the white rubber covering the cables, but i wasn't sure if it was a good idea since earphone cables are composed of a white string (i think) surrounded by colored material (copper maybe?). sorry im a noob at hardware :P. any help is much appreciated. thank you

I have had the same problem with some earphones and so do a lot of other people. The wire is broken in the headphone jack.

If you only bought them 6 months ago they should still be under warranty. Bring them to Apple.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Yep the same thing happened to me. Now I use my old samgsun headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis916 View Post
    I have had the same problem with some earphones and so do a lot of other people. The wire is broken in the headphone jack.
    so they cant be fixed? ouch $100 down the drain. guess ill have to stick to my $2 Air Canada ones for now :P

Wake up people! Apple products have a one year warranty! Call up Apple or go into see a genius and have them replaced. As long as they are not damaged due to neglect you will be fine.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Flippy130 (01-24-2010)

i didnt think of that! thanks Melech518, u just saved me $100.49 . much appreciated every1!