Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone Won't Turn On.

Default Phone Won't Turn On.
    Hello Eveyone,

I have seen similar posts regarding this issue, however, this is not a battery or cord issue.

I un-installed winterboard from within the Cydia app. When it was done, it said, reboot device, I touched the button, the phone re-booted, then will not turn on.

When I try to boot up the phone, the apple logo comes up, stays up for about 30 seconds to a minute then the phone shuts off...

This has to be some sort of software issue. I can't even get it to stay on when connected to Itunes on the computer. So bascially the phone is a brick atm.

Any help with this?

Thanks!

Randy

Apparently the phone went into recovery mode on its own.

I followed these instructions, and the phone is now recognized by Itunes, but needs a full restore.... Bleh..

"While your iPhone is plugged into the computer, make sure it is turned off, Hold the home and power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. After ten seconds release only the power button and continue to hold the home button for 10-15 seconds more. Release when iTunes recognizes theiphone."

I'll update once this gets rectified.
    Last edited by Utildai; 01-22-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Put it in dfu mode restore and rejailbreak
    How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki