+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blacklisted iphone

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, First thing i need to say my iphone is not stolen. My ex wife bought me a iphone 3g 8gb from o2 shop on contract. We split up
    gac
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default blacklisted iphone
    Hi all,
    First thing i need to say my iphone is not stolen.
    My ex wife bought me a iphone 3g 8gb from o2 shop on contract.
    We split up and now are divorced, well i went to use my phone the other day and no joy full signal but could not make or receive calls.
    I contacted o2 and to my horror what ever my wife has told them i now have a blacklisted iphone and the will not remove the blacklist.
    I have googled this and have read if i were to buy a cheap damaged 3g 8gb iphone from ebay and change the circuit boards over where the imei number is stored my original iphone would work.
    Can any one shed any light on this.
    As I have said my phone is mine always has been i am no criminal just want my phone to work.
    Any help would be very much appreciated

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, you can buy a broken 3G 8GB off the internet. Then swap just the motherboards and it will work. Make sure the motherboard isn't damaged in the broken phone though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Wow ur wife would do that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

When I was splitting with my ex-wife she took her number to another company. Upon doing that it gave my line I had for her, on my contract and solely my name, a termination fee. I was pissed but explained to them that I did not authorize for her to close a line or the line to be taken to another company. Still not sure how they pulled the line to the other company without the my consent, but I got the fee waived.

I am sorry to hear that she would do that, you would think she would just say take him off my line.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I have always been able to get around the blacklist here in the US, not sure about UK tho...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Tough break. Hope you can get it figured out. Any chance you could make amends for long enough she could call and get the phone off blacklist? Is that even possible to get a phone off blacklist?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    Tough break. Hope you can get it figured out. Any chance you could make amends for long enough she could call and get the phone off blacklist? Is that even possible to get a phone off blacklist?
    here is what you do, if you can which should not be to hard get a copy of your divorce degree it should give the marriage start date as well as the end date will be on there. Go into a "corporate store" explain to them what happened and show them that when the phone was originally purcahsed you were married and it was a legit purcahse. Should get you off the blacklist cause she must have called and reported it lost/stolen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Have you tried unlocking the phone?

Not sure if this is related, but with a 2G phone here in the states, unlocking it allowed me to use it.

Thanks

^Exactly, thats what I was stating previously. I have never had an issue unlocking and using a blacklisted phone.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

gac
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Blcklisted iphone
    Thanks guys for all of your replys.

Here in Uk when a phone is blacklisted like it is via 02 it is with all uk carriers been told it would work in Usa or Australia not much good to me living in England.
    I have begged and pleaded with o2 but they are not interested.
    Someone has told me to buy a cheap faulty iphone and swap the boards thus changing the imei number - what part on the iphone 3g is the imei stored on.
    Also the phone was unlocked and jailbroken with blacksn0w shows full signal but no calls or texts.
    Thanks all

Thanks

It's not that simple. You are better off just buying the new phone and using it.

gac
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Blacklisted iphone
    I can get a damaged iphone 3g 8gb off ebay uk for 50 i have read if I swapped the motherboards over my original phone would work as the imei had of changed obviously my information was incorrect so appologies for that.

Thanks

The IMEI is going to stay with the motherboard....

and the motherboard you buy is still going to have water damage, so you are still stuck in the same situation
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-21-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

csll your ex and resolve the dispute with her.. then have her call them and lift the ban on the phone.. she did it, she can undo it

Thanks

I know there is a way to change the imei (also called phone phreaking) but it is extremely illegal here in the us. Search on google. But basicly all you have to do is do that and your blacklist will be lifted.

very old way to do it
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=657

Thanks

^and you have to have the 4.6 BL to do it