Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g home button presses by itself?

Question iPhone 3g home button presses by itself?
    Ok, my cousin bought this iphone 3g. I just unlocked and jailbroke it yesterday.

When i first started it, the home button seemed to be pressing by itself. But stopped after a while

TODAY though, it just keeps happening. Any app I open just closes and returns to the home screen after a few seconds.

Also if u lock the phone, after a few sec. the screen turn off (normal) but it keeps going to "slide to unlock" by itself.

So its clear the home button is pressing by itself.

Any fix for this?

Default Same problem,,,
    I have the exact same problem, I have yet to find a fix.

erasing all data doesnt work, and restoring it doesnt either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds like a hardware issue, not a software issue. Try to replace the home button to see if that helps.

It is not the home button, it is actually the dock connector assembly. The home flex makes contact with a pad on the the dock connector assembly. 99% of the time you see the symptoms you are describing it is due to an issue with that assembly. The usual cause is water damage to the dock connector and can easily be fixed by replacing the entire assembly.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME