Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Messed Out 3gs

Default Messed Out 3gs
    hey guys.. i just got my hands on a messed out 3gs that on connecting to iTunes says STUCK IN RESTORE MODE.. the screen is black and not functioning

can u help me ascertain the damage .. and also the solution

also mentionable is that the LCD glass is in perfect shape with no exterior damage.. but i have no clue bout the HISTORY
    Nobody dies a virgin... technology f*cks them all

Boot it in DFU mode and try a restore.

If that fails, check for water damage and take it in to the Apple Store

the screen is entirely black bro... and i aint got an apple store in ma country... any other DIY help or assistance would be appreciated

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What happens when you hit restore when you plug it into iTunes?

showing error 1602

okay... i got more info... wen i tried restoring wid a default fw from apple the screen suddenly jumped to life .. and showed the apple logo... but no such luck whn i tried using a custom fw from pwnage tool

also the org fw gets stuck at about 60% with the message displaying as verifying iPhone restore on itunes..

ne help or knowhow wud be solicited
    Last edited by astalavistadear; 01-16-2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Has it been water damaged?

how do i check that... since i have no idea bout its history... is there a sticker smwher to ascertain dat

There is an indicator in the bottom of the headphone jack, in the dock connector, and 2 more on the mainboard inside the phone. If any of these are pink or red, you have water damage.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Water damage water damage! When you mentioned is goes and stops at about 60% thru the rsstore process that was it. The indicators will also tell u too if u know where to look. The solution to your problem would be to install a new battery. Now the battery is low in price and if that doesn't work sell it for parts mentioning the water damage.

no.. its still a black circle with white inside

Well those are the indicators on the inside on the mainboard. There are still two others, one in the dock connector and one at the bottom of the headphone jack.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

i dont see any red there on the earphone jack.. cant figure the sticker out on the dock area

If you still cannot figure it out you can mail it into my shop and I will see what is going on with it for you.

dude m from india.. mailing u and back would cost me 200$..

Well I apologize for offering to help you out. You just updated your location so there was know way of knowing where you were located before. I have employees from india and I mail them iPhones all the time. It costs me about $30 to ship, but No worries. Good luck!

Question: Have you done any homework on error 1602 before posting or is this the only place you have attempted to look? 1602 is a common error and there are several write ups on how to fix it. The easiest of which would be to call Apple...
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-18-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey am sorry.. That was the payup that a few ppl from here asked wen i was negotiating a deal with them on buying a 3gs.. Neway.. I did my homework on 1602 but the problem is that the screen is conked out.. Dunno watta do in that case.. The onli tym screen comes to life is wen u install org fw

and my location was der since long back... no worries though.. also cud u help me get a new one though.. lemme kno ..

@all :tx for all ur tym and support..
    Last edited by astalavistadear; 01-19-2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So, install original firmware and jb with Blackra1n. Sounds like the custom fw you are trying to use is corrupt

the installation as i mentioned earlier .. is getting stuck at 60%

btw @Melech518: cud u help me get a 3gs.. even a 2nd hand wud do provided its cheap

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Dear god is correct spelling that hard?

He is from India, and if you dont have anything to contribute then stay off of the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by astalavistadear View Post
    the installation as i mentioned earlier .. is getting stuck at 60%

btw @Melech518: cud u help me get a 3gs.. even a 2nd hand wud do provided its cheap
    The cheapest I sell the 3GS for in my store is $549....
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-20-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost