Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1G Battery Replacement Services?

Default iPhone 1G Battery Replacement Services?
    The battery on my iPhone 1G (bought in July 07) is in need of replacement, and I am trying to decide which battery replacement service to use. As the iPhone is no longer under warranty, I don't mind not going with Apple, although I am concerned over mishandling/scratching/breaking/etc by the service provider. Doing it myself is more than I want to get into, as I'm sure I'd break it. The battery services I have found are: Apple ($85), Other World Computing/Newertech ($59), Milliamp ($40 depending on shipping). I'm sure there are others as well. Has anyone used Milliamp or OWC? Any thoughts or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hello Jaw3k,

Anthony with milliamp here. Glad you are considering repairs to your first gen iPhone rather than just ditching it. My team tends to lean more towards quality and testing than speed these days, but I just wanted to assure you that we are here for you and are highly trusted in the repair industry. There is a video on our site (top left side of home page) that demonstrates the whole repair process, and is designed to put folks at ease - might want to check it out.

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Anthony Magnabosco, Owner
    milliamp

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow-- in less then 12 hours Milliamp found you, Jaw3000, now that's service! Or was it milliamp posing as Jaw3k? ;]

Default We're Not THAT Clever!
    Haha no we are not that clever!

Far as I know Jaw3k is a real person - in fact, i think he/she signed up to our YouTube channel this morning, too...

All the best,

Anthony

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its all good I was just kidding and I wouldn't knock the hustle anyway :]