+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G Big Problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
A few days ago I changed the case and the digitizer.After the assembly I saw that the proximity sensor wasn't working.It wasn't such a big deal.Today,having some spare time I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3G Big Problem
    A few days ago I changed the case and the digitizer.After the assembly I saw that the proximity sensor wasn't working.It wasn't such a big deal.Today,having some spare time I tried to see what's wrong.After having a look at those sensors I put back all the cables but there was a surprise.The screen and the digitizer were no longer working The Iphone vibrates when I switch that little button,it rings when someone calls,I can do hard reset(so the home button still works) etc,but still no luck(I even tried restore from iTunes).I also tried only with the LCD(without the #3 cable) and it still doesn't work(I thought that maybe the proximity sensor was stuck on "closed").Then I tried only with the digitizer.It worked 2 or 3 minutes(I was able to hear that unlock sound) but then it broke too.Any ideea what can be the problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Check to make sure they are connected securely. Do a hard reset and report back. It is possible you damaged the LCD during your digitizer repair.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you read carefully you can see that the phone worked a few days after I replaced the digitizer(except of the proximity sensor).Only when I opened it again to check the sensor it broke down.I also did a hard reset and a restore.No luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Yes, I read carefully, unbelievable.
    I will repeat myself, YOU PROBABLY DAMAGED THE LCD UPON OPENING THE PHONE A SECOND TIME!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME