Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g Batterie Question

Default 3g "safe" Batterie Question
    Hey there!

i actually received a new original iphone 3g backcover and now i wanted to replace it by myself.

i followd this tutorial Rapid Repair - iPhone 3G Take-Apart-Guide Repair by RapidRepair till step 10 (battery removing) on the page it says that i should pull this small tab to remove the battery.... but when i look at the picture, tha beattery doesnt look very good after that step! (it has changed its form on the side the small tab was)

so now my question is: Is the battery "broken" when i pull that heavy that i deforms? and if its so: what can i do to remove it without breaking it? please help, because thats my only problem (i hope) i have with the backcover exchange....

thanks a lot,

syranus

c'mon please help me ._. i know that at least one of the reader knows a hint to release the battery....

maybe heating? or is "freezing" better?!

okay, i think i got it: i just bended the "old" backcover (where the battery was attached to) in multiple ways, and then the adhesive lost against me *g* now re-entering in the new cover and everythings done..... i just thought it could be interesting for someone else.....

syranus

uhmmm..... okay, after all the problem with the backcover, now my homebutton doesnt work anymore?! i can feel that "click" that it should do, but nothing happends.... no display-comeback in lockscreen, no reboot with home+lockbutton..... nothing.....

does anybody know which cable sends the impulse of the homebutton? or what other rerason that could have?
    Last edited by syranus; 01-09-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The home button has its own flex cable. If you look you will see this cable coming from the home button with 2 prongs. These prongs make contact with the dock connector assembly to make the home button work. If you have damaged either of these prongs, such as broken them off, the home button will not function. If both of these prongs are intact, and the flex seems to be undamaged, there are a few other things you may have done.
    1) you might have damaged the dock connector assembly
    2) Worst case scenario, you damaged the main board when prying off cable #4. If you scraped off any of the pads or soldered parts you are pretty much screwed.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

hey, thanks a lot, it really is the flex-cable.

so, i'm not sure but is it possible to change that cable by myself? is there a (pic-based) tutorial that shows what i have to do?

on the other side: Is it possible to change the function of one of the other buttons so that they work like the home button? for example the volume control buttons? i thought there was a cydia app..... but i cant remember the name anymore.....

thanks for the help,

syranus

Yes, There is a cydia app for that. To change the flex it is fairly simple. You will need to remove the digitizer from the mid-chasis and then simply remove the flex cable from the home button.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Apple-iPhone...item4a9da4a032
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-11-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

no glue or something? just replace the old one with the new one? that'l be great!

but can you give me the name and repository of the cydia app? So can use the iphone completely till the new cable arrives!?

No glue, there is a double sided adhesive attached to the flex cable.

I cannot remember the name of the app, you will have to do some searching.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brad Swift's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    The home button has its own flex cable. If you look you will see this cable coming from the home button with 2 prongs. These prongs make contact with the dock connector assembly to make the home button work. If you have damaged either of these prongs, such as broken them off, the home button will not function. If both of these prongs are intact, and the flex seems to be undamaged, there are a few other things you may have done.
    1) you might have damaged the dock connector assembly
    2) Worst case scenario, you damaged the main board when prying off cable #4. If you scraped off any of the pads or soldered parts you are pretty much screwed.
    if you damaged any of the solder you couldnt just resolder it ?
    Moving Shadow

Not that simple. A lot of those sort of repairs need to be done under a microscope.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Brad Swift (01-14-2010)

ok, when i tried to remove the lcd it got broken. so today i bought a new one, and started again.... but now i first realized the removing the lcd is just one more step i had to do! there is also the digitizer glued to the mid chassis.... and i have no adhesive here.... so, can i usee "normal" glue as well? or something else? and how sensitiv is the digitizer?! can it break up as fast as the lcd? or is there a second glass (so the digtizer rests between 2 glasses)? and could you give me any more tips that i had to look for, when removing the digitizer/home button?

thanks a lot for the help again,

syranus

If you look in the Guides section, I have posted a complete guide for replacing anything from the digitizer to the Battery. I would NOT recommend using glue of any sort on your phone, especially the digitizer. You may have to order an adhesive and wait a few days. Use a hair drier to soften the adhesive on the digitizer and then gently pry from the edges with a PLASTIC case opener tool, this way you will not scratch or damage the lcd in any way. DO NOT force it, be very gentle so you do not break it. After you have removed the digitizer, make sure you remove all remaining adhesive from the digitizer and mid frame before re-applying the new adhesive strips.