Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Before I Break it.. How Do I Remove Proximity Sensor Cover?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Before I Break it.. How Do I Remove Proximity Sensor Cover?
    hey guys im gonna be replacing my #3 flex cable here soon and i was wondering what it the proper way to remove the cover for the proximity sensor ? just wanted to ask before i broke it trying to get it off . thanks

wow 59 views and not one reply.. someone has had to pop this thing off before..
    Last edited by bftiedt; 01-09-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You have to flip the little black tab up 90 degrees and make sure you don't accidentally pull the ribbon out before the tab is up all the way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis916 View Post
    You have to flip the little black tab up 90 degrees and make sure you don't accidentally pull the ribbon out before the tab is up all the way.
    i think you misunderstood me.. im talking about the cover that goes over the proximity sensor up by the ear piece . i think you are talking about were the #3 cable plugs into the motherboard

You will need to remove the digitizer. The proximity sensor cover is held in by 2 clips on the top and bottom of the earpiece. Once the digitizer is removed you will expose these little clips and be able to remove the cover. I would recommend using a PLASTIC pry tool to remove the digitizer after you heat the top and bottom of the digi with a heat gun or hair drier. Be patient and very careful.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

so the digitizer has to be taken off the midframe or just out of the housing?

You will need to remove the digitizer from the housing. Then remove the LCD, and thirdly remove the digitizer. You will see the clips holding the proximity sensor cover.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

man sounds like a little more than i wanna get into.. do you know anyone who is offer the repair?

Yes, Myself

Thanks

can you pm me a price

PMed you

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You will need to remove the digitizer. The proximity sensor cover is held in by 2 clips on the top and bottom of the earpiece. Once the digitizer is removed you will expose these little clips and be able to remove the cover. I would recommend using a PLASTIC pry tool to remove the digitizer after you heat the top and bottom of the digi with a heat gun or hair drier. Be patient and very careful.
    Hey there i think you can help me ..
    I recently replaced my cracked iphone 3g glass screen with a new one... i followed a guide on youtube(5 star rated) and eveything worked out well... i used the hair dryer.. got that off..popped in the new screen.. put everything back togethoer.. turned on my phone.. got to where it says "slide to unlock" but when i slide my finger it doesnt work.. the touchscreen sensitivity* is gone.. i'm so pissed!!! i did all that and now it doesnt work???
    can you plz tell me what i did wrong??
    plz plz plz??

Either the digitizer is bad or the cable is not pushed down all the way. Open the phone and check to see that the cable is secure. Then do a hard reset on the phone by holding the home and power buttons.

Which cable do u mean??
    the one Labeled #1?? i have a bit of trouble getting that one on... the other 2 are easy but this one comes as soon as i lift the front of the iphone.... any tips on how to put it on Correctly??
    as for the digitizer.. i bought it off ebay.. this Company/person named "trustsaleuk"... here is the link to the add on ebay.: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...view=all&tid=0

No, I mean cable #2. Cable #1 is for the LCD, Cable #2 is for the Digitizer. If the cable for the digitizer is not secure then the digitizer will not function. Have you tried a hard reset? If it still doesnt work contact the ebay seller and let him know it is bad.