+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replaced Home Button - Now No Service

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
OK, first off, I have been searching for a fix for this for some time now and haven't found anything that works so far. I tried to to my best
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Replaced Home Button - Now No Service
    OK, first off, I have been searching for a fix for this for some time now and haven't found anything that works so far. I tried to to my best to search before opening a new post so either I didn't search right or its really not out there.

Here's my issue:

I have an iPhone 3G FW 3.1.2 unlocked using ultrasn0w. I have been using this phone for several months and had no issues until recently. My home button went bad so I separated the glass and replaced it. After replacing the home button, my signal strength went down to almost nothing and would only work well when I was close to a tower. Now I can't get a signal at all. Doesnt matter 3G or EDGE, no service. Here's what I have done so far:

Restored multiple times
    Re-unlocked and jailbroke multiple times
    Tried using blackra1n instead of ultrasn0w
    Tried restoring in restore mode and DFU mode
    Cleaned main board and all connectors
    Reseated mainboard and all connectors multiple times
    Repositioned little gold "tooth" near the bottom of the phone
    Reset network settings
    Reset all settings
    Replaced my SIM card
    toggled airplane mode on and off
    Cried like a little girl
    Prayed that it would just start working again

Nothing worked. I am assuming that something happened when I replaced the home button. I am very mechanically inclined and was extremely careful when I did the repair. It would be a huge coincidence if my phone pooped out the day after I repaired it. Everything else on the phone works perfectly besides the phone itself.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Did I miss something? Where exactly is the connection from the main board to the antenna and could replacing the cradle/antenna assembly possibly fix this or would I be wasting my money?

Thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

check in the lower right hand corner and there are small contacts on the mainboard that i have been told have something to do with reception. i had a board once that had a small crack there and it would get signal then drop it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bftiedt For This Useful Post:

troyerbe (02-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't see anything noticeably wrong. I tried adding solder to the pad that connects with the spring pin on the antenna thinking I wasn't getting good contact but no luck. I can't figure out what is wrong and it's driving me crazy. I found sone pics online that show where the different sections are on the logic board but I have no way of telling if something is wrong with a specific component aside from visually inspecting it. Has anyone solved this problem by replacing the antenna/dock assembly?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

The antenna is connected to the bottom side of the dock connector assembly. Check to see if you damaged it or any of its connections...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

troyerbe (02-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Solved
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I found a resolution to my trouble. You can read about it on my blog here
    thank you to everyone that replied.