Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken volume rocker - software solution?

Default Broken volume rocker - software solution?
    My volume rocker has broken, but only the up, so I can turn the volume down...but not up. I am able to adjust all the other volumes, iPod, ringtone, etc. via a slider, but there simply isn't one for call volume, so I'm stuck with it on the lowest setting, barely audible. Is there some software solution? I tried the SBS volume slider, while in the middle of a call, and that would just adjust the iPod's volume, not the in call volume.

Is it a new phone? If so you could take it in but if it is older I can understand wanting to keep it if it is a 3GS.

It's a first gen.

Ok, I have 2 things to try.

First method: In Cydia download Volume Slider Widget. It is for SBSettings so make sure you have that installed also. Now go into SBSettings and respring your phone. Take your home phone and call your cell. Set the home phone near a sound, like music or tv. Then go to another room and adjust the volume. You have to have SBSettings set to be usable in call, which can be found in extras & options of sbsettings. If this works then download volume button rocker disable to stop you from hitting the rocker just in case.

Second method: You can try is if you have the headphones with the volume controls built into them, like the ones the iPhone comes with. Plug them in and adjust the volume to the volume you want using the same method of calling yourself and you should be good to go.

Let me know if one of those work, if not then we can keep trying to figure something out.
    Last edited by Cer0; 01-08-2010 at 06:51 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the exact same problem. Method 1 (as described above) doesn't work. I am able to launch SBSettings during a call, but the volume slider widget has no effect on the volume.
    If someone could point me to a plist file or similar, i just need to set the volume to max once (i installed disable volume buttons). Anyone, please? A sort of "reset volume to max"-app?

i am in the exact same boat as op. been trying to figure something out for awhile now with no luck. i tried with veency and everything too. seems someone could potentially edit that to work.

if you dont know veency is, its a codec available in cydia that will display your iphones desktop on your computers screen. its set up so that right click is home button middle mouse click is screen lock, and left click is reg click. so they can obviously control the hardware through this code... if only someone who knew what they were doing could add a keyboard control or something (maybe mouse scroll??) to change the volume. i would think it would be verrrry similar to the code they had already written. anyone know who wrote the veency code?

Quote Originally Posted by lnrzzz View Post
    My volume rocker has broken, but only the up, so I can turn the volume down...but not up. I am able to adjust all the other volumes, iPod, ringtone, etc. via a slider, but there simply isn't one for call volume, so I'm stuck with it on the lowest setting, barely audible. Is there some software solution? I tried the SBS volume slider, while in the middle of a call, and that would just adjust the iPod's volume, not the in call volume.
    I had the same problem spent days looking for a fix but nothing worked just installed the rocker disable then uninstalled it now it work give it a shot

Thanks

My volume rocker would work for up but not down. I opened the phone and sprayed a tiny bit of electronics cleaner in it and it's worked fine ever since. I use DeoxIt D5 but any quality electronic penetrating cleaner/ protectant should work fine

ok so it sucks but it works! First youll need PocketRadio installed from the app store or cracked... Next install MonoBluetooth from Cydia... Make sure to have sbsettings installed. Turn on regular bluetooth and monobluetooth then open pocketradio.. Choose a channel and click on the bottomr right tab.. There should be a bluetooth looking icon beside the volume slider. Click the bluetooth icon and select iphone.. Then adjust the volume all the way up... This worked for me now i can actually hear when people are calling lol... Make sure to install and activate "disable volume rocker" from cydia after you do this so you dont accidentally turn it back down. Please Make sure to thank me below if this helped you!

Good luck guys!

I m new 2 modmyi...iz der ne way 2 send files 4m my iphone4 4.1 02.10.04 to my nokia mobile via bluetooth ???