Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G 2G Case

Default 3G 2G Case
    I've been reading the forums and I know that a 2G case will neither fit nor function on a 3G iphone. So I was wondering if there is a look-a-like aluminum case with silver top and black bottom (just like that of the 2G phone) that I could put on my iphone 3G. I just really like the look and feel of the 2Gs back cover. If there is a way to fit a 2G case on the 3G by hardware modding that would be great too.

No, there isnt.

So it is completely impossible to change the backs or buy a look a like? That's crazy

All 3g/3gs cases are plastic. So unless you just want one that is silver on top and has a black bottom (which wouldnt look good).....there is nothing out.

Has anyone tested fitting 3g parts into a 2g body? Since the 2g was thicker wouldn't it work? If so I could just get the parts online and switch them.

The hardware is COMPLETELY different and would never work. The 2 phones are built totally different.

PS- So like I said to began wont work in any way, shape or form.

Green Apple
    It's kind of a shame I think, I really liked the look and feel of my old 2g, I wasn't always paranoid about scratching my 2g like I do my 3gs. It's funny I gave mine to my girlfriend, and I still find my self picking it up all the time. The 3gs is just so much faster and I couldn't go back to 2g speeds.