Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Hardwareforums, a part of the
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this, but something happened to my iphone where it only stays 10% charged and when i try and DFU the phone it gives...
12-16-2009, 03:53 PM #1Russian Speaking Steve Jobs. Help!
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this, but something happened to my iphone where it only stays 10% charged and when i try and DFU the phone it gives me a russian speaking steve. I'm not sure what to do, and i don't know how to use ssh, and i don't know if that will even work. Any response would help.
12-16-2009, 04:16 PM #2
12-16-2009, 04:28 PM #3
Thanks, and if itunes doesn't recognize the phone. Or the phone just doesn't do anything, what could i be doing wrong?
12-16-2009, 06:18 PM #4
I had this problem earlier.
Try another cable, it worked for me
12-16-2009, 11:42 PM #5
i tired to dfu, with different two different usbs and two different macs. all the phone does is turn off, no apple logo, no connect to itunes logo. Any help, please.
12-17-2009, 02:19 PM #6
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM #7
thanks So i tried turning my phone off, pressing home, pluging in the usb cord and all i get is the cartoon steve jobs speaking russian. Any other help?
04-03-2010, 04:42 PM #8
I worked through this by doing the following:
With iTunes already loaded and waiting,
1. connecting the phone end of the usb cable to the iphone
2. leave the PC end of the usb unplugged at this point
3. its okay if Steve Jobs is speaking russian at this point
4. press and hold the power button on the iphone until screen blanks
5. when it blanks, hold down the home button while still holding power
6. when the pwnapple appears, let go of the power button, still holding home
7. continue to hold Home even when Steven Jobs appears, keep holding home
8. iTunes should soon enough pop up the message that your iphone has been detected in restore mode.
9. careful not to restore with very current itunes because it will restore 3.1.3 FW which I have not yet worked out how to deal with yet, but I restored using itunes and it did go to the apple screen on the iphone.
04-03-2010, 05:09 PM #9
I have never seen a Russian Steve before. Any one have a vid of this? And why does this happen?
Nevermind I found my answers
Last edited by one_crazy_dude; 04-03-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
04-03-2010, 08:29 PM #10
It appears after jailbreak with some russian soft