+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: F'ed Up My #3 Ribbon Cable.. I hope..

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Well i had cpjr mod my 3g a wile back and put a blue housing on it. i never had the set screws inthe bottom of the phone, the ones
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default F'ed Up My #3 Ribbon Cable.. I hope..
    Well i had cpjr mod my 3g a wile back and put a blue housing on it. i never had the set screws inthe bottom of the phone, the ones that hold the digitizer in. he told me i need to get some but like an idiot i never did. long story short i got home last night and put the phone on charge and went to set it on the floor like i do every night when the screen pops out. so at 2 in the morning half drunk i ut the screen back together and go to bed. i wake up this morning and cant hear anyone when they call me . so i take the screen back off and make sre #3 cable in in place and it is . the only thing i can think of is i stripped out the cable and it wont make a good connection , bc the screen doesnt dim when calls are ade either, or i have messed up the part that is on the PCC board itself. Im hoping is the first of the 2. anyways i am gonna order a new cable and see if that fixes the problem but i wanted to make sure i was ordering the right part before i got it. this is what im gonna order.

Apple iPhone 3G OEM Proximity Sensor - Induction Flex - eBay (item 140339507433 end time Jan-09-10 18:51:23 PST)

if thats the right one, which i think it is im gonna get it and replace it myself. if anyone has an tips on taking that cable off of the earpiece itself that would be great . i looked at it tonight but couldnt get it figured out and cant find a teardown for that part. like i say guys any help or ideas on what else to do would be great . thanks

P.S.
    I also just loticed that the charger isnt being picked up not is it when i plug it into itunes. but the home buttom and mc on the bottom work ..any idea on that one?
    Last edited by bftiedt; 12-13-2009 at 11:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also just loticed that the charger isnt being picked up not is it when i plug it into itunes. but the home buttom and mc on the bottom work ..any idea on that one?
    You probably need main IO PCB or a new PM (hope not).
    Last edited by vov4ik_il; 12-14-2009 at 07:19 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i think the dock connector and the #3 cable are bad. i must have messed them up taking it apart. im gonna go ahead and order the parts and see if i can get back to normal bc right now it wont charge or connect to itunes