Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my phones bricked!

Default my phones bricked!
    I need help!!!!! My have a jail broken iphone 3gs running 3.1.2 and I was downloading the 7*7 springboard app form rock when my phone froze, came up with that loading circle thing, then crashed. It was at about 80-90% battery when it happened and I don't know what to do!

When I turn my phone on the apple logo shows up very dim and acts like its booting up, then the loading circle shows up just under the silver apple logo and freezes so that the circle stops spinning.

It won't connect to my computer or charge. The home+power until reset then release power put it into recovery mode and iTunes recognized it, however I don't want to recover it because I've spent a good 12 hours total making it just how I want it and it was perfect. I tried tethering with Blackra1n while my phone was in recovery mode but that didn't work. Is there any other option that

HELP ME PLEASE!

hmm practice makes perfect bet you can rebuild it this time in 10 hrs.

sounds to me as that is your only choice....

oh if you can connect with iphonebrowser and find that last app you partially installed and delete it...
    Last edited by skihound; 12-13-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

enjoy another 10hrs.........Suggestion:
    restore as a new iphone
    add contacts
    backup
    then jailbreak.

That way if it poops out again you can just restore and you wont have to add contacts again.

Default Recovery Mode
    Put it in recovery mode by:

Opening iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac/PC.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

As soon as the screen goes black release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

And the phone will show a connect to iTunes screen. At which point you need to select "restore" from the the iTunes window and restore it to 3.1.2

OR

At boot you need to SSH into the phone and remove the last cydia installed files.

This thread over at MacThemes may help:
    MacThemes Forum / [HELP!] My iphone wont start up!!