+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone does NOT charge does NOT turn on turn OFF after apple logo

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've Iphone 3G with firmware 3.1.2 jailbroken Phone does not turn on at all or respond when unplugged When plugged in to computer and power button pressed apple logo shows
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Red face Iphone does NOT charge does NOT turn on turn OFF after apple logo
    I've Iphone 3G with firmware 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Phone does not turn on at all or respond when unplugged
    When plugged in to computer and power button pressed apple logo shows up and turns off again after a minute or two
    Computer or iTunes does not detect the phone at all
    I tried to do reset (Home + Pwr) still same
    It was disassembled and reassembled to fix the speakerphone

I've fixed 3Gs phones before but I don't know what happened this time what did i do wrong
    because usually hard reset turns on the phone but this one does not even after hard reset

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Hold power + home for about 20 seconds until you see the iTunes logo. This is recovery mode. From here you should be able to restore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-05-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

its more like hold both bottons until u see the apple logo and then

keep holding home botton but release the sleep botton

then u will see the itunes logo

then u can restore

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RenoL For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-05-2009)

Thanks

REALLY?! "power + home" = "power AND home" = at the same time. lol... geez.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-05-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

its the other point your missing

leave the home press while releasing the power

power+home its just hard reset

geez...

though i could be wrong..
    Last edited by RenoL; 12-04-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RenoL For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-05-2009)

Thanks

Yes.. you are in fact wrong. Home + power is a hard reset but if you CONTINUE to hold for long enough it forces into recovery mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tried Everything But Nothing Happened
    thank you all for the suggestions

I tried all the suggestions and combinations
    pressing only home
    pressing home + pwr
    pressing pwr + home
    plugged into computer
    not plugged in
    etc etc
    but nothing helped at all

as i mentioned in first post when i press only the pwr button it shows apple logo for a while and TURNS OFF again and that's only when it's plugged in to the computer

but still computer does not recognize or detect the connection with the phone

phone is not entering recovery/restore/dfu mode

Thanks

Poseidon, I think you're wrong on this one.

uzair_sh while plugged into the computer, hold down home+power for 10 seconds then release power and continue holding home until you hear a sound or itunes tells you you have a device in recovery mode.

Or you can hold home+power to turn off your device, then hold home until you get to the itunes screen.

From there you can restore.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

14. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey angiepangie
    I tried that too but it's not entering recovery mode either
    plugged in computer pressed home+pwr then released pwr after 10 secs while holding down the home button
    but when i'm holding home button and press pwr, as soon as pwr button is pressed it turns on and then off again after a min or so

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    krazy
    i was thinking the same thing may be the home button is not responding or defective and/or the battery
    cuz when i press the pwr button the apple logo shows up so pwr button is fine
    so i'll work on it when i get time and will update you guys soon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine just started doing the same thing the orginal poster has said. I've tried everything you guys have said with no luck....What do I do!!!!!!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jheidner For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-13-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Same thing here
    Mine just started doing this a few weeks ago too. I havent been able to find a fix for it, although a google search today led me to this page:

http://willy.boerland.com/myblog/iph...ging_read_this

Now, i don't have my 3G with me to test it out, but it seems like a pretty simple (and stupid?) solution but the comments section is full of people saying it worked. All you do is:

Flip the mute switch 4 times (Up, down, up, down) then do a reset (home & power for 10 seconds)

the post writer states this worked, but i don't have my iphone to test it. maybe someone could try it here.

./beamin

also, with this problem, I've replaced the battery since my phone is out of warranty anyways, and had zero luck.
    Last edited by beamin45; 12-07-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beamin45 For This Useful Post:

tripple_t_93 (12-13-2009), uzair_sh (12-13-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Similar thing happened to me today!!!! I need help!!!!! My have a jail broken iphone 3gs running 3.1.2 and I was downloading the 7*7 springboard app form rock when my phone froze, came up with that loading circle thing, then crashed. It was at about 80-90% battery when it happened and I don't know what to do!

When I turn my phone on the apple logo shows up very dim and acts like its booting up, then the loading circle shows up just under the silver apple logo and freezes so that the circle stops spinning.

It won't connect to my computer or charge. The home+power until reset then release power put it into recovery mode and iTunes recognized it, however I don't want to recover it because I've spent a good 12 hours total making it just how I want it and it was perfect. I tried tethering with Blackra1n while my phone was in recovery mode but that didn't work. Is there any other option that

HELP ME PLEASE!

if you could also email me your responce at [email protected] that would be awsome because i honestly never use blogs so idk how to make it notify me when someone replys
    Last edited by tripple_t_93; 12-13-2009 at 10:23 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to tripple_t_93 For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-13-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I changed the main board
    tripple_t_93 I tried that too still same error. I tried almost everything mentioned everywhere on the web and couldn't fix it so i bought broken iphone that people are selling on other websites for reasonable price. I changed the main board on my iphone restored all the data from itunes so now it's working like before.
    But just in case if you want to do it yourself be very very careful while disassembling/reassembling your phone. or you could just take it to any cellphone repair shop they might do it for a little fee. or follow the videos and instructions. be very very very careful because in those videos it looks very easy but...
    so if you want to do it, do it at your own risk.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to uzair_sh For This Useful Post:

tripple_t_93 (12-13-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ya im not that computer savy lol, i just reset it and ill just have to go through it all again but i remember basicaly what i had. oh well, i just want to spread the word that it happened while downloading 7*7 spring board from rock. idk if the events are connected but i was to let people know. that and 7*7 is way too crouded lol just a bad tweek

Eh :-/ im not that tech savy so im just going to reset it. thanks for the advice though, if it hapens again though ill do what u said. sucks though kuz i had it all set up perfect for me!

so after i fixed my iphone the 1st time by restoring it 1 hour later i ended up in the 100% exact same situation as the original poster. long story short, i just got back from AT&T store and all he did was hold down the home button then plug in the phone and keep holding the home button untill the restore screan comes up. it worked!!!! sorry i couldent have found this out for you earlyer there uzair_sh

so after i fixed my iphone the 1st time by restoring it 1 hour later i ended up in the 100% exact same situation as the original poster. long story short, i just got back from AT&T store and all he did was hold down the home button then plug in the phone and keep holding the home button untill the restore screan comes up. it worked!!!! sorry i couldent have found this out for you earlyer there uzair_sh
    Last edited by tripple_t_93; 12-13-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

26. The Following User Says Thank You to tripple_t_93 For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-15-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tried that too it didn't work either
    hey tripple_t_93,
    i did that too holding the home and connecting to itunes but still problem existed. well thanks anyways.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Same here- but it's fixed! Phew!
    Ok, it's not fixed yet, but I made progress.

Maybe this will help you, I was about to freak out. I have a 32G iPhone running the newest version (3.1.2) and I had slowly been having problems, but nothing like after I tried to run a new (iPhone complete theme). I had also recently put all of my games and apps, ect., into folders. I had been playing FarmFrency, hit the power/reset button to put it to sleep, and when I returned (it was also plugged into a wall charger) I had that Apple Logo staring me in the face. I tried holding power+home, but nothing happened. I tried letting it sit to "reboot itself" for two hours, and still nothing. I tried power+home, release power then plug in, and I got the progress circle, then it just sat there. I tried to run blackra1n again, and it said "waiting for device" forever. While I was waiting, I found this website, then tried what t 93 said about the Apple guy fixing his phone, and it seemed like I held the home button forever after power+home, logo disappears, then plug into laptop, and finally my itunes recognized it. I then stared at the blackra1n guys face for about ten minutes, while typing this, and my blackra1n window says "wait for reboot". I am looking at the logo screen again, I will keep you updated. itunes does say that it has found an iPhone in recovery mode, but that's more than I was getting. I was getting no response just like you. I am hoping that I will not have to restore my iPhone, but at least I am making some progress.

I've now repeated the process. It did take about 20 seconds for the itunes stuff to pop up on the phone after I did power+home, release power then plugged iPhone to laptop. I ran blackra1n again, and it says "done, wait for reboot", and I am looking at dude's face. It has gone into recovery, and it looks like I am gonna lose everything, but I didn't lose my iPhone. Good luck, I'll repost if I in fact do not have to restore my iPhone.
    Last edited by roughcountrygirl; 12-15-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

29. The Following User Says Thank You to roughcountrygirl For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-17-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

OP- Can you post a good picture of your iPhones mainboard. Just remove the display and post a picture of the phone. I am willing to bet you damaged something but I couldnt tell you what it is without seeing it.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

uzair_sh (12-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Melech, i'll try to post it as soon as i find the old board. i kept it sumwhere but i forgot where.