Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dead home button....but.....

Exclamation Dead home button....but.....
    I have an iphone 3g with a dead home button in my possession. Tested it by using a different screen frame assembly and found out that one didn't work either (even though the 2nd home button works fine in its native phone)

did some further testing and found out the charger flex cable is dead and needs to be replaced.

I've done this repair before plenty of times by swapping out the entire doc but never just the cable itself.

This is the one I'm talking about

iPhone 3GS Charger flex cable, great deals on Cell Phones PDAs on eBay!

My question is, does the repair just involve soldering the replacement flex cable on the speaker doc flex wire alone or is there another step I should be aware of? I'm about to order the cable tonight and prefer to spend 10 vs 30 for the entire assembly

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    youd have to solder on your old mic as well. those units you linked do not have the mic on them. its almost easier to just buy the complete unit.
    Dang I already ordered one the other night. I'll keep you posted when it gets here.

From what I recall its 4 small soldering points that need to be connected. That shouldn't be too hard