+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone screen is white after replace

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello! I broke my iPhone 3G's LCD so I bought a new one. I replaced it by myself and everything seemed fine but when I turned on the iPhone the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone screen is white after replace
    Hello! I broke my iPhone 3G's LCD so I bought a new one. I replaced it by myself and everything seemed fine but when I turned on the iPhone the screen was all white. I searched for others posts but I don't think it's a software-related issue beacause the iPhone syncs with the PC (so I can exclude DFU mode). What can I do? The three flex cables seems connected well. Do you think that my new screen is already broken? Thanks in advance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try a hard reset (hold the home and power button for approximately 20 seconds).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sounds like hardware u need to take screen out check connections its no1 plug it may not b clicked down or uve caught one of the pins using a magnify glass and a torch look close also from touch pad from lcd see if connector other end is fine i have had this prob b4 it also can happen if u put ribbons in wrong order, checkin everythin is peice of mind it 100%

also 3gs lcds are same as 3g but no1 connector is different if forced will work only short period as the voltage is slightly more
    Last edited by fattyindoors; 11-21-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Broken LCD
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the answers!
    Well, the right order for the connectors is 3,2,1 when I put them back, right?
    Even if the LCD is new I think that is broken beacause if I plug in the old LCD everything is fine... hoping that the seller takes it back..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dats the right order! any good seller will hapily take it back if they want further business. dont dismantle lcd as this will upset them!