Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g[s] brick

Default iphone 3g[s] brick
    hello guy this happen to me last nite n i have now idea how my phone just pop up this MSG saying that i cannot make or receive calls n that i needed to connect to itunes..after i did that it gave me this error: "itunes cannot activate your iphone because the SIM card is not inserted or a SIM PIN is required" "Disconnect your iphone, make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PN, tap Unlock to enter it, and then reconnect your iphone".....

i did what it asked but nothing i tryed to restore to 3.1.2 with out luck all i get is that unknown error 23 and im stuck there....

i ran into this video on you tube of this guy who has the same prob as myself,.....heres the link
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMS3-PWqAu8]YouTube - NEW iPhone 3Gs Problem[/ame]

if anyone plz know how to fix this plz tell me ASAP

i dont have a phone at all my iphone is all i got so im pretty much screwed if i dont fix it

Wow, does EVERYONE crack apps nowadays??

In your case, did you run blackra1n? Blackra1n is supposed to hacktivate your phone, which is apparently what the problem is with yours (not activated).

i used blackra1n to jailbreak my phone n had it jailbroken for a while....this just happen out of no where i tryed running blackra1n again but no luck

maybe do a restore then blackra1n again...

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Error 23 is a baseband/radio error. It occurs when an unlock / baseband flash fails.

Put the phone in DFU mode, and do a restore to 3.1.2...and set up as a new phone not from a backup. Then jailbreak with blackra1n, and unlock with blacksn0w if needed.
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 11-21-2009 at 12:03 AM.

i tryed to restore with mac or PC and still got error 23...but thats old new now i gave up n took it to apple n lucky me got a new phone