+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: one speaker not working

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am having the same problem as the other people! I only hear sound out of one speaker and the battery release button doesnt work. And to make matters worse,
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I am having the same problem as the other people! I only hear sound out of one speaker and the battery release button doesnt work. And to make matters worse, My screen shuts off anytime I put the phone up to my ear.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

if you cover one up it sounds like you have two cause the sound is forced through the openings and out of the mic spots...that may be what your talking about cupping but there's only one speaker!!!!!!
    What's an ipsw?
    How do you work Blackra1n?
    How come my mini-usb won't plug in??
    How come styluses don't work?
    How come when I put the phone on vibrate it doesn't ring?
    How do you go the bathroom?
    Is there an app to help with that? (there actually is that urinal chooser one lol)
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

lol at this thread

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

My screen becomes unresponsive after 1 min of no use. The screen fades then goes black. No matter how much I touch it the screen doesn't respond. Only when I hit the button on the top or the home button does it show me a slide to unlock.

Thanks

You know what I hate! When you hold down the sleep button and hit the home button at the same time the screen flashes. Then I look in my camera roll and there are 400 pictures of my home screen. Stupid phone. Or when I'm in the middle of texting and the phone rings and I hit answer when I don't mean to answer it. Or when you try to take a picture of yourself. You turn the phone around then you can't find the damn button and you spend 5 minutes poking away at the screen trying to get one picture. Or when it's plugged in and charging and rings you go to grab it and the stupid cord is only a foot long so you rip the plug out of the wall. Sometimes my iPhone really pisses me off!!!
    Lime

White iPhone 3G[S] 32GB

Rig Specs:
    Coolermaster Spartan Case
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Batch 3839A586
    6 gigs OCZ Platinum 7-7-7-20 1600 @1.65
    EVGA GTX 285 (702/1323/1584)
    LG DVD/RW
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G9 Laser Mouse
    500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (lapped) Dual TR 1600 Fans
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Modular

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

If you are being serious, here is some info. If you are being sarcastic, like the rest of us are, then I aplogize for the following:

1) pressing the sleep/wake button and te home button is supposed to take a screenshot, it is designed that way
    2) if you hit answer while you are texting, tough! Why are you avoiding peoples calls anyway?
    3) there is an app called SnapTap designed to use your volume controls to snap pictures
    4) stop being lazy and unplug your phone before yanking it if you know if the cable is not long enought to reach you. Or spend a whopping $30 and by a dock for your phone

Definitely petty crap you are whining about when the rest of this thread is really all a joke
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

What I hate is the black line it now has across the bottom of the screen. I guess I shouldn't have had my jacket hanging out the car door when I tried to close it. But I slammed my finger in the car door once and it was only black for a couple of weeks whereas my iPhone has been like this for months now. B@stard Apple, it must be their fault!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    And to make matters worse, My screen shuts off anytime I put the phone up to my ear.
    By the way, how do you know? Have you either got big long dangly ears or pokey out eyes or something?
    Last edited by iGuy; 12-21-2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12